October 2023 Market Update
Hello, Santa Barbara and Montecito! I’m Daniel Zia, CEO of Zia Group at eXp Realty, and here’s your data-driven October real estate market update:
- In this seller’s market, cash-based offers are dominating the market due to high interest rates.
- Despite being a seller’s market, property prices are relatively stable.
- 2023 has marked the lowest number of sales in 17 years, even less than during the challenging years of 2008-2010.
- Limited inventory doesn’t deter the luxury market, with notable sales exceeding $5 million.
- Housing inventory is in short supply, with roughly 2.5 months’ worth available. The luxury property segment faces an even tighter market, with about 4.5 months of inventory.
- The median house price is $2,350,000, and condos average around $1,375,000.
- Condo prices show mixed trends, with some indicators pointing to a 2% year-over-year increase in values while others suggest slight declines.
- The $1.8 to $2.5 million range is buzzing, with an average sale time of about two weeks.
- Condos are in demand, selling on average for 2% above their asking price and hitting the market for two weeks only.
- Despite limited inventory, the luxury market remains robust, with several sales exceeding $5 million. In the past month, there were 13 such high-end transactions.
- The highest sale was a jaw-dropping $47 million for an off-market Oceanfront property.
- The Santa Barbara and Montecito real estate market continues to favor sellers. However, with the right strategies in place, both buyers and sellers can harness opportunities.
- The market remains dynamic, tight inventory and robust luxury real estate activity are key definitive factors of the current real estate landscape.
For those considering real estate transactions in this region, expert guidance is crucial. Whether you’re looking to buy or sell, consulting with professionals who understand the intricacies of this market can make all the difference. Reach out to Daniel Zia and the Zia Group to ensure you navigate the path to your dream home in Santa Barbara and Montecito with confidence.
South Santa Barbara County Single Family Homes for October 2023
Including annual change | See definition of terms