Thanks to Santa Barbara’s year-round mild weather, backyard barbecues aren’t just for Summer months. Whether it’s July or November, Santa Barbarians are always looking for the opportunity to BBQs with friends, toss a ball with the kids, or relax in the sun with a good book. But … it may be time to refresh your yard first. Here are a few low-cost Saturday projects that can help you give your yard a quick facelift.
7 ways to get the most out of your backyard
- Build or buy a storage shed to keep kids’ toys out of sight when not in use.
- Reposition your furniture and accessories to create defined cooking, eating, lounging, and play areas. You can even add a colorful outdoor rug to add warmth to your “party” area.
- Pour quarter-inch crushed rock (available in a variety of colors) to create defined pathways through your yard.
- Brighten your concrete patio by painting it with a masonry stain (try warm honey or deep brown). For a more labor-intensive option, lay slate tiles over the concrete with a thin-set mortar (like VersaBond).
- Add lanterns or candles to your patio for evening parties.
- Plant drought-tolerant foliage to fill patches of dirt. Kochia Scoparia grass is hardy and germinate quickly. It starts out green and turn red once the weather turns colder.
- Line your garden with rope lighting for night-time mood lighting.
4 Questions to Ask Before Selling Your Santa Barbara Home
There comes a time in every home owner’s life when he or she realizes: “I am not the same person I was when I bought this place.” Maybe your lifestyle or your family configuration has changed, or maybe the house just isn’t as appealing as it was when you signed that ream of paperwork on…
Daniel Zia Awarded Cover & Featured Interview In World Class Magazines
Founder of Zia Group, Daniel Zia, was awarded the cover and featured interview in World Class Magazines. Below, you can read the complete article written by author Katrina World. Focus, appears to be fundamental to Daniel Zia and his Zia Group’s business strategy. Zia surrounds himself with a stellar team of eight, each centering in…