Thanks to Santa Barbara’s year-round mild weather, backyard barbecues aren’t just for Summer months. Whether it’s July or November, Santa Barbarians are always looking for the opportunity to BBQs with friends, toss a ball with the kids, or relax in the sun with a good book. But … it may be time to refresh your yard first. Here are a few low-cost Saturday projects that can help you give your yard a quick facelift.
7 ways to get the most out of your backyard
- Build or buy a storage shed to keep kids’ toys out of sight when not in use.
- Reposition your furniture and accessories to create defined cooking, eating, lounging, and play areas. You can even add a colorful outdoor rug to add warmth to your “party” area.
- Pour quarter-inch crushed rock (available in a variety of colors) to create defined pathways through your yard.
- Brighten your concrete patio by painting it with a masonry stain (try warm honey or deep brown). For a more labor-intensive option, lay slate tiles over the concrete with a thin-set mortar (like VersaBond).
- Add lanterns or candles to your patio for evening parties.
- Plant drought-tolerant foliage to fill patches of dirt. Kochia Scoparia grass is hardy and germinate quickly. It starts out green and turn red once the weather turns colder.
- Line your garden with rope lighting for night-time mood lighting.
This will be an interesting year for residential real estate. With a presidential election taking place this fall and talk of a possible recession occurring before the end of the year, predicting what will happen in the 2020 U.S. housing market can be challenging. As a result, taking a look…
Because your home may well be your largest asset, selling it is probably one of the most important decisions you will make in your life. To better understand the home selling process, a guide has been prepared from current industry insider reports. Through these 27 tips you will discover how…
When you hire a listing agent, you’ll be presented a listing agreement that outlines the duties and responsibilities your real estate broker will have in selling your property for you. In this article, we’ll explain the purpose of a real estate listing agreement, the types of listing agreements, as well…