Thanks to Santa Barbara’s year-round mild weather, backyard barbecues aren’t just for Summer months. Whether it’s July or November, Santa Barbarians are always looking for the opportunity to BBQs with friends, toss a ball with the kids, or relax in the sun with a good book. But … it may be time to refresh your yard first. Here are a few low-cost Saturday projects that can help you give your yard a quick facelift.
7 ways to get the most out of your backyard
- Build or buy a storage shed to keep kids’ toys out of sight when not in use.
- Reposition your furniture and accessories to create defined cooking, eating, lounging, and play areas. You can even add a colorful outdoor rug to add warmth to your “party” area.
- Pour quarter-inch crushed rock (available in a variety of colors) to create defined pathways through your yard.
- Brighten your concrete patio by painting it with a masonry stain (try warm honey or deep brown). For a more labor-intensive option, lay slate tiles over the concrete with a thin-set mortar (like VersaBond).
- Add lanterns or candles to your patio for evening parties.
- Plant drought-tolerant foliage to fill patches of dirt. Kochia Scoparia grass is hardy and germinate quickly. It starts out green and turn red once the weather turns colder.
- Line your garden with rope lighting for night-time mood lighting.
It’s stressful being a landlord at the best of times, but when the time comes for you to sell your investment property and move on, the stress can feel palpable. You’ve probably spent time getting to know your tenants and have built a relationship with them, and most humans don’t…
The travel industry is one of the major sectors that’s been hit extremely hard by the COVID-19 pandemic. Today, it’s hard to know how long it will take for summer travelers to be back in action and for the industry to fully recover. Homeowners who rent their secondary properties on…
Real estate investment can be tricky. We’ve all heard horror stories about renters who don’t pay on time, or damage property. So how do you find good tenants for your rental property and ensure your tenants will keep your investment secure? Avoiding potential damage to your rental property can be…